Current Volunteers - Click Here to Log-in to the Volunteer Information Center
The Zoo Needs You!
Elder Yang, Elder Smith and Elder Allen taking a break from helping
the Friends of the Zoo set up for a Corporate Night.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Henry Vilas Zoo.
We have three main opportunities for individuals or groups interested in volunteering:
Why Volunteer? What is in it for you?
What volunteers have to say:
- Enjoy the Zoo community, staff, volunteers, and animals.
- Make new friends
- Network with the community
- Explore career and personal interests
- Earn great recommendations for future employment or college applications
- Develop marketable job skills
- Build your resume
- Enrich your education
- Uncover hidden skills and talents
- Increase your self-confidence
- Make a difference in your local community
- Have fun!!!
Start by attending an "All Aboard" Zoo Volunteer Preview session
- "My experience volunteering at the Henry Vilas Zoo has been great. Seeing the children's smiles when they come into the zoo makes the time I spend here worthwhile. It's a great way to help out in the community!"
- "Being a volunteer brings pleasure, friends and joy in a person's life."
- "Seeing the happiness and the smiles on the faces of the little kids on the carousel is what kept me coming back week after week this season."
- "Henry Vilas Zoo, of course," is my favorite place to volunteer, "because it really does make a difference and it's great fun"
- "It is a great way to volunteer together"
All volunteers at the Henry Vilas Zoo need to have an orientation before getting started. Sessions begin in January to prepare volunteers for the start of our busy season in April.
Henry Vilas Zoo has a one-Zoo one-team philosophy. It is important for volunteers to know about the Zoo and the different ways people can support the Zoo: Membership, fundraising programs and special events. Many a new member has been made by casual conversation with the public by our friendly volunteers!
Please email email@example.com or complete the volunteer information form at the bottom of this page to learn the date of the next sessions and to register.
The Zoo offers limited opportunities to work directly with the educational animals. Keepers do all animal enrichment and cleaning of enclosures.
Volunteer Inquiry Form
Please fill out the form below and it will be emailed to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Please complete all required fields.